Are You Worried About Giving Up Control Of Your IT? Don’t be!
Trusting an IT company to take care of your organization’s technology is a big step that can be difficult to take — however, by moving to overseeing it, you can harness a range of undeniable advantages, especially when you choose the right adviser and partner.
As technology continues to take on a bigger role in virtually every industry, a growing number of organizations and companies are turning to managed service providers (MSP) to offer expert customized IT assistance. This is especially the case given the ever-growing and continual threats from cybercriminals, the rising demands and costs of a remote workforce, the extreme difficulty in hiring, especially skilled IT persons, and the pace at which technology is changing, expanding, and becoming more complex.
But yours isn’t one of them, right?
It’s probably because you’re hesitant to give up control of your IT. You know how crucial it is to your organization’s daily productivity and overall success, so how could you trust a third party to deal with it?
3 Reasons You May Be Hesitant To Try Managed IT Services
- You Think You’ll Lose Control Over Your IT: The truth is that however much control you have over your IT is entirely up to you, even when you partner with a manager service provider. While some businesses would prefer to offload IT and never think about it again, others still want or need to maintain agency in the IT sector of their organization. Both are fine and both are possible. It’s just a matter of finding the right managed service provider and making sure you’re on the same page as to how the management of your IT will work. Basically, you get access to a knowledgeable team of experts that are completely focused on the success of your organization’s IT, and they work with you to achieve your goals, complete those needed projects, and ensure you, your organization, and your team are secure.
- You Think You’ll Lose Control Over Your Data: The worry here is that your IT partner will move your data to the cloud, and you’ll lose control over how it is governed and protected. With the right cloud partner, this just isn’t the case. You retain total control over your data while offloading the burden of internal maintenance. Moving to the cloud means you no longer have to handle ongoing upgrades and maintenance because it’s taken care of for you, freeing you up to focus on optimizing your technology and other more important tasks. You can spend time ensuring technology drives your organization, not dealing with those frustrating day-to-day issues. The reality is that you retain total control over your data and technology, without the usual hassles that come with it. You can get out of the IT support business and focus on what you and your organization do best!
- Think It Will Have A Negative Effect On Your Organization: The logic here is that, when you take IT out of the hands of your staff and the people working in your office every day and give it to an unknown, third party company, you won’t get the same level of care. Again, while this may be the case if you were to go with a poorly run managed service provider, it doesn’t have to be the case. It’s a matter of finding the right IT partner that has glowing client testimonials, detailed case studies, offers Service Level Agreements (SLA) that will guarantee the quality of support, and a focus on organizations and industries like yours. When it comes to the mission critical nature of your IT, you want a ‘specialist’ and not a ‘general practitioner’ for sure! The fact is clear… with the right IT partner, you’ve got nothing to worry about. Furthermore, by trusting the right IT partner, you can gain access to a number of key benefits…
5 Reasons You Should Consider Managed IT Services
It’s estimated that by the end of 2021, managed service providers delivered 25% of the $4 trillion that small and medium-sized businesses will budget for IT around the world.
Why? For a number of reasons:
- Decreased Downtime: Organizations now heavily depend on their technology. That increased reliance on mission-critical applications and 24/7 access to data, make high availability a top priority for IT. Managed service providers will help ensure that uptime, security, power, and redundancy requirements are met
- Become More Secure: Another benefit of opting for a managed service provider, instead of the a la carte or break-fix alternatives, is that you have a partner in your IT support. One that can recommend proven, tested solutions to problems that you encounter — problems like cybercrime and data loss. Just because others have experienced a breach doesn’t mean you have to accept that same fate. “Even big companies get hacked” is not a strategy and you do not have to be one of them.
- Eliminate IT-Based Delays: Downtime is bad for business operations. Whether you agree or not, it’s a fact — just a couple years ago, small businesses with up to 50 million in annual revenue reported that just a single hour of downtime cost them $8,600. Organizations now heavily depend on their technology. That increased reliance on mission-critical applications and 24/7 access to data, make high availability a top priority for IT. Managed service providers will help ensure that uptime, security, power, and redundancy requirements are met.
- Reduce Capital Expenses: Traditionally, IT expenses get categorized as capital expenses or CapEx. With managed services, you can move away from a CapEx model to operational expenses or OpEx model, as you are paying month by month and seeing the return right away. Your costs for these services are considered monthly operating expenses like the electric or water bill. CIOs are not only tasked with the management of IT, but also with supporting business growth by reducing costs. Organizations are being asked to do more with fewer resources. The right managed service provider can be a vital component to ease the burden, freeing up staff to focus on more important projects, and helping you identify areas of potential savings.
- Access Expertise: Keeping an IT environment running smoothly does require constant attention and the availability of highly-skilled staff. By taking advantage of managed services, you can eliminate the burden of finding and retaining talent with all of the necessary skills. However, if you’re still not comfortable giving up total control of your IT, we can work with you to find the right compromise through Co-Managed IT Services.
Co-Managed IT Services allow your organization and IT team to take advantage of the expertise and skill of our team of IT specialists without paying additional salaries or benefits. It’s an affordable solution that allows you to expand your current IT resources without losing total control of your IT.
What Are The Benefits Of Co-Managed IT?
- Productivity And Efficiency: As your organization grows and evolves, you may need to scale up your efforts. Rather than hiring more internal IT staff, you can use a co-managed approach. This would provide the ongoing expertise for those projects that just seem out of reach, and, at the same time, provide the ongoing proactive support that is needed to make your organization the most productive and efficient it can be.
- Freedom of Focus: Without having to oversee network administration and help desk requests, your internal staff can plan, design, and implement in conjunction with the co-managed team. You can focus on how technology drives your organization, while your new team of dedicated professionals take on the time consuming tasks of supporting IT.
- Harness Expertise: You can also bring on the expertise and extensive experience offered by your co-managed IT provider. If an organization hires IT service projects out as one-time occurrences, they, of course, are paying a premium and most likely not getting someone that is intimately experienced with its IT infrastructure, needs, and goals. Consider the co-managed model: your organization hires the expertise overall and now has a partner that includes this ongoing service, so overall, it will save money now and in the future.
Are Outsourced IT Services The Right Choice For You?
Maybe – only you can know for sure.
If you are interested in fully managed or co-managed IT services, it’s important that you find a provider that will do more than the bare minimum. Anyone can set up a monitoring solution and stop common IT problems. Not everyone will go beyond that.
The bottom line is that you can trust the GO Concepts team. We work with our clients, not just for our clients — our mission is to make it so they can focus on what matters most, instead of worrying about their technology. When your tag line is ‘Don’t worry about IT’ you need to make sure you deliver results and proper outcomes… we do!
Get in touch with our team to discover how we approach IT support and to determine what is best for your organization.